How to Submit Archival Records
Greene Connections is a free, volunteer project that has been successful due to the participation of so many researchers and contributors, including Greene County, Pennsylvania museums, libraries, churches, schools, organizations, and hundreds of families who have shared private collections.
Due to our current undertaking of uploading our 10,000+ archival records into the new PastPerfect software at www.GreeneConnections.com, we do have a substantial backlog. Your submissions are welcome with the understanding that volunteers will process them as soon as possible.
REQUEST A FREE, VOLUNTEER SCANNING SESSION
To set-up a FREE scanning session or to ask questions about scanning your own photos/documents contact Greene Connections Archivist Candice Buchanan: email@example.com or 724-998-0650.
SCAN AND SUBMIT YOUR COLLECTION
When scanning and submitting your collection, following these important tips will speed up processing times:
- In respect to copyright and privacy issues, please only submit photos that were taken before 1930.
- You MUST own the original photo/document or have permission from the owner of the original in order to share with Greene Connections.
When scanning, please follow these IMPORTANT steps:
- Photographs in an album or other layout in which they are particularly arranged, should be submitted in original order. Context clues will otherwise be lost.
- Scan all photos/documents in a full color setting, not in grayscale or black and white.
- Scan all photos/documents at the highest quality setting, ideally at least 600 dpi (if necessary, you can use 300 dpi, but please no smaller).
- Writing or photographer stamps on the back of photos should be scanned as well, so that your photo can be correctly documented.
- Save each photo/document image as a tiff file (or if desired, a jpg file at the highest quality setting, ideally 100%).
- Do not alter the size or allow your email to shrink the photo/document images when sending.
With all archival record submissions please provide:
- Your contact information (name, email, and/or phone) so that you can be given appropriate credit and be contacted for any further information that may be needed.
- Any known information about how the archival record(s) were passed down to, or came to be in the possession of, the current owner.
Please understand that submissions not meeting these requirements may not be able to be posted to the Greene Connections Archives Project.
Due to volunteer time and web space limitations, it may not be possible to post every record that is submitted.